Thursday, September 17, 2009

August 2009

August 2009

Alrighty then!!!

So last time we spoke I was in the UK! Well August I have spent ripping it up in Egypt! It’s a nice place, the people can be quite annoying at the best of times. But generally they are pretty friendly people.

I have been flat out windsurfing for most of the month, practicing forward loops, upwind 360’s, downwind 360’s, Vulcans, Flakka and Spocks.

Well, I can report that I can successfully do Upwind 360’s now, Vulcans are pretty well sorted and my Spocks are almost there, a few more weeks and I would have had them sorted.

So to be honest, that’s really all to report… just a whole lot of windsurfing.
I stayed in the Club Dahab flat, because I was meant to work out in Dahab, but it turned sour because I didn’t want to get my U.K working visa… this kinda sucked, but it open up a whole lot of new doors and I met some fantastic new people.

At the end of the month, I had booked a tour which started on the 30th, it should be amazing looking at all the different sites and ruins.

I spent a few days in the hustle and bustle in Cairo and I was starting to get used to it, my Arabic is getting a lot better, but I still cant have a conversation in Arabic. Its only a matter of time!

The plan of attack at the moment, is to travel through Jordan, Syria, Lebanon maybe Israel and then head back to Dahab and complete my teaching. Once I’ve done that ill boost over to the UK see all my mates and do a trip around there then come home.

The problem why Israel is a ‘maybe’ is that once I enter Israel, I will be unable to enter any other of the Middle Eastern Countries! Until my passport expires (or I lose it) so I may just save Israel for another day!

Not much else to report! The September Review should be interesting!

Lots of love

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment